Industry advisors Jordi Casas, Walter Masman, and Carlos Tapia will deliver keynote speeches and moderate the forums at the event.
Everything is ready for the 1st edition of CherryTech, the first specialized event on cherry production, which will take place on June 29th at the Sun Monticello Conference Center, Chile. The event, organized by Smartcherry and Yentzen Group, will feature keynote speeches by renowned advisors in the cherry industry: Carlos Tapia, a specialist advisor in cherry production; Jordi Casas, a consultant specializing in fruit trees; and Walter Masman, a specialist advisor in cherries and stone fruits.
Following these presentations, three interesting technical forums will take place, where other distinguished advisors and cherry industry personalities will participate.
“At CherryTech, we will have three interesting keynote speeches by Jordi Casas, Walter Masman, and myself, discussing specific topics on cherry production and future challenges. These speeches will be distributed throughout the day and will include audience questions, lasting approximately one hour each. After each speech, we will proceed with the conversation forums, which will be a format of presentation in a simple and friendly conversation about the previously presented topic, lasting approximately 45 minutes,” explained Carlos Tapia, Co-founder of Smartcherry and speaker at CherryTech.
Marie Bach, General Manager of Yentzen Group, also stated, “We are very excited about this joint event that we are developing together with SmartCherry. Together, we are creating a world-class technical event, which is much needed for Chilean cherries to continue leading exports. To date, we have more than 55 companies that have trusted in this new initiative, and we are confident that it will be a success.”
About the presentations:
“Calcium and Potassium: Their Fundamental Role in Productivity Potential, Fruit Quality, and Condition” is the topic of the first technical forum moderated by Carlos Tapia, specialist advisor in cherry production and founder of Avium. Forum participants:
- José Ignacio Covarrubias, Master in Agricultural Sciences and PhD in Fruit Trees, nutrition specialist from the University of Chile.
- Rodrigo Ortega, Specialist in soil fertility, plant nutrition, and precision agriculture. Academic at the Federico Santa María University, Concepción. Co-founder of the International Society of Precision Agriculture.
- Valeria Lepe, specialist advisor in nutrition of fruit species; academic at Utalca and president of Pomanova.
- Oscar Carrasco, specialist advisor in agriculture, Professor at the University of Chile, member of Pomanova.
The second technical conversation forum is titled “Classic Varieties and New Varieties: Are We Prepared for the Transition?” and moderated by Walter Masman, specialist advisor in cherries and stone fruits. He will lead an interesting conversation with:
- Samuel Venegas, Agricultural Manager at Hacienda Los Quillayes, Sagrada Familia.
- Oscar Aliaga, Agricultural Engineer, Specialist Advisor in cherries, founder and technical director of Only Cherries Consultores. Member of Pomanova.
- Matias Kulczewski, specialist advisor in fruit trees, founder and Technical Director of Asesorias K&R; member of the Pomanova Corporation.
Jordi Casas, Agricultural Engineer, advisor, and fruit tree consultant, will moderate the last of the technical forums titled “Postharvest: Key Points and Management Experiences to Prevent Fruit Deterioration.” Participants:
- Jessica Rodriguez, postharvest advisor at Trío Kimün.
- Hector García, Co-founder and General Manager of Diagnofruit Laboratories.
- Sebastian Johnson, General Manager of Industrial Projects at Johnson.
- Juan Punti, Agricultural Engineer, Production Manager and Postharvest Export Manager at Exportadora Prize.
The official program of the event will be published soon, including details of each keynote speech preceding each forum, as well as their schedules and specifications.
Tickets for CherryTech 2023 are already on sale. For more information visit: https://www.cherrytechconvention.com/?lang=en